One note in advance: Data protection is a human right. We will never sell, lease out or otherwise disseminate or publish your personal data.
The protection of your privacy and personal data is of great importance to us. We attach great care to such aspect in the course of our online activities. Therefore, our data protection practice is in accordance with the applicable data protection provisions, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as well as further legal regulations.
Informations we collect
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as:
We may collect all or some of the following information:
- Names, email address, phone number, country of residence, group configuration, ages of children (To make sure your group size fits the maximum occupancy of the property you choose and if you require children facilities) the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
- Credit/ debit card or other payment details to confirm your booking reservation.
- Special requirements such as those relating to any disability or medical condition which may affect the chosen arrangements.
- Dietary restrictions in preparation of your pre-arrival at the villa.
- You are responsible for ensuring that other members of your party are aware of the content of this Policy and consent to your acting on their behalf in all your dealings with us.
Some of the information we collect may be considered “sensitive personal data” under the Data Protection Act 1998. We collect it to cater to your needs or act in your interest, and we are only prepared to accept sensitive personal data from you on the condition that we have your positive consent. We will seek this consent when necessary.
How we use your information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our service.
- Improve, personalize, and expand our service.
- Understand and analyze how you use our website and service.
- Develop new functionality, services, features.
- To contact you, either directly over the phone or through emails, for customer service or your specific inquiry.
- For marketing and promotional purposes, to provide you with updates, special offers, general information, services and events which might be of interest to you.
- To process transactions.
- Detect, prevent and address technical issues.
How do we protect your information?
In order to protect your data against accidental or deliberate manipulation, loss, destruction or access by unauthorised parties in the best possible way, we use technical and organisational security measures which we continuously optimise in accordance with technical and legal developments.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, financials, etc.) will not be not be stored on our servers.
Luxury Home Villas follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Like any other website, Luxury Home Villas uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
Third Party Privacy Policies
Under California Online Privacy Protection Act (CALOPPA) “Do Not Track” signals
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Luxury Home Villas does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 18. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Modified on 01 January 2021